Страници

понеделник, 14 март 2016 г.

Quick Opinion - Stardew Valley, Rusty Lake Hotel, Secrets of Grindea, Dungealot Shattered Lands



Quick Opinion is something new that I came up with recently. The idea of these posts will be to tell you my thoughts on several smaller titles for which I cannot write a whole review either because the games are too small or simply because I don't have the time. This will not be a regular thing, but instead when small games gather up I will combine them in this Quick Opinion posts.



Stardew Valley




Stardew Valley as its creators describes it "open-ended country-life RPG." The story goes that you inherit a farm and the land with it. The land hasn't beed used for a long time and it is now your task to return it to its former glory. A lot of people say that Stardew Valley reminds them of Harvest Moon, game which I haven't played but if you have this is what to expect. To me Stardew Valley is a Facebook game without any of its negatives. No energy, no restriction, no paywalls - just the pure fun of farming, fishing, digging ore and talking to the people from the nearby town. If you like farming simulators and don't mind the retro graphics I think you will find your peace of haven in Satrdew Valley.



Rusty Lake Hotel



I will be honest - I heard about Rusty Lake Hotel on a podcast that I follow and after short research I decided that it might be good. I got it and beaten it in like an hour. It’s a very short game yes, but is it worth it? It is if you like grim, morbid games, Grand Budapest hotel and point and click adventures. Your task is simple - secure dinner for the guests of the hotel, one that is worth dying for. Of course you will need to find the ingredients first...and I will let you find how on your own. I will only say that finding the ingredients is what makes this game grim and morbid...

There are also a lot of puzzles in the game and there lays the problem. Many of those puzzles are very unclear, vague and a lot of times I ended frustrated wondering what I have to do. There of course is the possibility that I was not bright enough for those, may be the smart people like you out there will like those puzzles and even find them easy, who knows? A quirky game...I'm a bit hesitant to recommend it because of its puzzles, but at the same time quite interesting with its atmosphere and artstyle. Your pick - I liked it.

Secrets of Grindea




Classical old-school, SNES RPG. So old-school that it doesn't even has mouse controls in the menus. In the game you are a young Collector (something like a Hunter from HunterXHunter if you have watched it) and you take your first steps in the vast and dangerous world. The story as always starts pretty innocent but quickly the plot thickens and soon you find yourself on the track of grand mystery. While investigating you will fight your way through various dungeons, stand against nasty bosses and find artefacts of great power...some of them living. There is a ton of collectibles and the secret to gather them is to grind a lot (you see what I did there?). May be the biggest pros of the game is its co-op mode as it a lot more fun with 3 more people not to mention quicker. Not exactly my kind of game, but if you miss your childhood definitely a game for you. Oh, the game is still in early access I almost forgot...




Dungelot: Shattered Lands




It seems that this first edition of Quick Opinion will go under the mark of classically themed games. The last one is in very niche genre but also very big favourite of mine - roguelike. I doubt that you don't know what it is, but just to be safe - roguelikes are games usually turn-based dungeon crawls which extremely hard try to kill you. For this roguelikes heavily rely of RNG and dice-rolling mechanics. Well, Dungelot is all this but well mixed with good dose of humour and a lot easier progression curve than most roguelikes with unlockable classes and such. The game has a crafting system, a good amount of items, boosts and even a small "rest area" in which dungeon where you can rest, recover a little and continue with slightly better chances. If you are like me into the genre I think you will enjoy it.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар